The phone not only featured decent specifications, it also was one of the few available options with a stock Android build. Asus backed the package up with a competitive price tag, and followed it up with kernel sources and the ability to unlock the bootloader. Now, the ZenFone Max Pro M1 has received its first official nightly of LineageOS 16 based on Android Pie. ASUS is one of the few smartphone makers that offer more than one kind of Android software experience on their smartphones. The company maintains a dedicated product lineup for Android purists that was initiated back in 2018 with the release of the ZenFone Max Pro M1. The phone was shipped with a close-to-stock build of Android 8.1 Oreo and received its Android 9 Pie update later on.
- The stock ROM has limited functionalities that are defined by the phone’s manufacturer.
- Last month we saw the official builds of LineageOS 18.1 going live for the Galaxy Note 3, Mi A2, LG 3, Galaxy S5, OnePlus 6/6T, and more.
- We assume that you have already downloaded the ADB & Fastboot tool from the link given above.
- There are a lot of things that you could do with a rooted phone.
- He is a Computer Science Graduate and Certified Android Developer, Making His Career towards this Technology.
Alright, so it looks like that you are someone who is using an Asus Zenfone series of the device as your primary Android Device. Now, there is no denying the fact that the Asus Zenfone is one of the best Smartphone series especially if you are on a budget. We have already seen how good is the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 and M2 are.
- Some of the stable versions should also work fine on this device.
- And then connect your phone to your PC, select the firmware and flash it.
- Android phones and tablets are usually much more than operating systems like iOS, Ti zen, or Windows 10 Mobile.
- Through that, you can install recovery, Root your ASUS Zenfone Max Pro (M1) 64GB , and lots of much more.
Over the last couple of months, several devices have received official LineageOS 16 builds. These builds not only give older devices a new lease on life but also give users the chance to experience Android 9 Pie on their devices. Thanks to this, users with devices like the Samsung Galaxy S4, Galaxy S4 Active, Moto X (2014), and LG G3 can now enjoy all the new features Google introduced in Android Pie. The official release of Android Pie is out for the Google Pixel series and the Essential Phone, and the Android 9 source code has been uploaded to AOSP. For some users on the more popular devices, this means a swift update to the latest release is now possible—at least unofficially.
In the future, they will be processed by moderators. Rooting is the process of gaining full admin control of the Android device. You can use the device to its full potential,‘Rooting’ means giving yourself special privilege or “root stock firmware permissions” on your phone.